Day 2 of Peru trip - April 25th 2009

Lima Travel Blog

Day 2 � Peru Trip � April 25th2009

Wake up this morning it�s a good morning. Was woken up by a rooster in the next door residential yard. Unlike I am not on a farm, but in the city, however a good experience.

Good downstairs of the Hostal Pukara to breakfast room for breakfast. Breakfast is fresh bananas, apples and buns. With some juice, coffee and teas, a fine simple mixture but very agreeable. A good way to start today�s adventures in Lima, Peru.

I am met around 1020 am that morning by my Travbuddy, Yadira who comes to the front door of my hostal to pick me up to show me Lima. The adventure begins and its off to a good start. Off in her fancy car around town to an Inca Pyramid in downtown area.

Area is very nice and clean and modern, highly impressed by progress and historic value of this area. Looks for sure like my type of city. With that in mind its around for a nice drive around some nice parks and buildings of this fine city.

Then off to the one of the main museums of the city. Where I am greatly intrigued by all the history of Peru. History lesson is all done by Yadi with great enthusiasm and brilliance, perhaps the next history professor I would have to agree on that one.

I learn all about the history of the pre-Inca, Inca period and colonial periods as well all up to the present day. Now I am an expert on Peruvian history.

So now its lunch time, so Yadira gives me suggestion of what is the best idea for food for eating Peruvian style, which is either chicken or fish. I decided it�s a fish day, so off she took me to a great seafood restaurant in the urban of Lima.

Chicken for Lunch

Great restaurant. Nice and roomy and its local so everything is totally in Spanish language to which I love.

First meal I am introduced to is called Ceviche which is seafood that is all soaked in juice and raw, my style. I eat this like it was going out of style and washed it down with Inka Cola, the top drink in Peru.

Then it was off to supermarket to get some supplies for a small party I was going to tonight. Grab some meat and some beer and be all set for a party at this Danish guy named Christian in Miraflores, Lima.

A good way to meet some more local people and just have good time as its been some time since last party I been to.

So far my adventure to Peru is very successful and I hope to keep it running a level 10 level.

Stay tuned for next blog day.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

Pre-Inca Pyramid