R.I.P MY NIKE HIKING BOOTS 1995 - 2009

Springdale Travel Blog

BYE BYE BYE MY NIKES

This was a sad day. I buried my old friend on this day MAY 25, 2009. I bought this Nike hiking boots in BIG 5 on 1995. This was the year I started going camping. I went camping for 5 years every summer to Carpenteria beach San Onfre beach, Kern River, Pyramid Lake, Castaic Lake, Mt. Pinos, Lake Isabella, and Lake Perris all in California.

Then I stop for 5 years for personal reasons. Then I started to go hiking near my house in SFV for 2 years. I moved to Vegas then I would hike red rock weekly in the cooler months.

I knew a few months ago I knew my nikes were going to die. I bought new hiking boots last month and I broke It in a few ago. I also use my keens and tevas in the spring time.

My nikes soles started to separate for my boots coming down from the angel’s landing hike. I had Mark carry my soles in hi s backpack HAHAHAHAHA.  I plan to bury my hiking boots at my camp site.

It official....Mark has WITNESS to my insanity.  HAHAHAHAHA I had him take photos of me digging the hole, saying a eulogy, burying it, and marking it with a rock and a leaf.  HAHAHAHAHAHA.

NIKES :(

Shortly there after, mark and i packed up the car. we wanted to get back to Vegas before traffic hits. We noticed our neighbors has left.

Lou27 says:
a moment of silence for those loyal boots... :)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2009
mellemel8 says:
tell me what i don't know :P
Posted on: May 31, 2009