THE DRIVE TO ZION

Hurricane Travel Blog

WHAT AN AWESOME DRIVE

TEAM JOO...HERE WE COME......

I have wanted to go to Zion for years. I have been traveling abroad for years and national park trip has been on the back burner.  There are 4 types of USA trips I want to do: NBA, NFL, MLB, and  NCAA football  bowl and stadium  tour;  FOOD NETWORK Guy Fieri diners, drive-ins, dives tour, snowboarding resort tour and national park tour.

When Wendy (travelngirl) told me that her hiking group on www.meetup.com  was having a Zion camping trip on Memorial Day weekend, I had to join her. I am already a member so I joined her hiking group.  I was so excited to go.
CLEAN CUT MOUNTAINS
It was my first time in UTAH as well.

Then Wendy messaged me that she was unable to go to the Zion camping trip.  She offered her camp site. Since the Memorial Day weekend was already booked.  Also the meetup group was already filled. Thanked god when wendy took herself off the list, I sneaked myself in the RSVP list.

I asked if other TBs would like to join me for a weekend for fun. I would have planned to drive up by myself if I had to. The meetup group OCHB had there camp sites. i  was going to hang out with them if i was going by myself. No one is going between me and Zion HAHAHAHAHA.  Mark (koticphreak) joined up with me as well.

He drove from LA to Vegas. Unfortunately it took him 7 hours and he left at 8pm too.  we talked and discussed what time to leave in the morning. We did not go to bed until 4am EEEEEEEEEEEK. We decided to leave at 8am. We ending up being to road by 10am. I had to get gas and swing by Sal’s (sincitytraveler) place to borrow his tarp and it was not a tarp it was his tent HAHAHAHA. I went to closes walmart to buy a blue tarp to lie under my tent.

OMG the drive to Zion is beautiful. The weather was warm but tolerable. I was not driving fast, there was plenty of cops on the freeway. I had my cruise control set on 65. This is one of the most beautiful drive I have ever seen so far.

blenderboy says:
Hey sweetie,,In vegas Thur nite 1 nite..then off to St george Utah for 2 nites and home via the Zion...not enough time

See u next trip Jim in Milwaukee...have a ball in NZ
Posted on: Jul 01, 2009
Petra2111 says:
A little late but congrats on the featured blog! It's awesome!!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2009
Travelbuddys says:
Hey Mell

Great blog!! We just arrived back home today had a great USA trip!! Will be blogging soon when our jetleg is gone!!

See ya