Graduation Day

Baltimore Travel Blog

the harbor

We got up and had breakfast at Denny's.  Then I drove us into the city where we parked in a lot for $18.  We walked over to the Convention Center where my parents headed to the line for the ballroom, and I went to check in.  We had an hour wait before the graduates would begin heading into the ballroom but luckily I found a few fellow classmates.

When the line began to process in, the college workers were all cheering for us.  It felt good :)

The main speech was on transforming the world.  There were more graduate students than undergrads but you could feel how proud we all were, how we were all accomplishing a major goal.  I am the third member of my immediate family to gain a master's degree but we still celebrate.

World Trade Center in Baltimore

I had arranged to meet my parents at a specific location afterwards so once I got through the line to actually get my real diploma, I headed over to them.  We went back to the car where I changed out of the gown and into more comfortable shoes.

We then walked down to the Inner Harbor for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  After lunch we went up to the Top of the World observation deck.  From the 27th floor of this pentagonal building, we had quite a view of the city.  I could even point out the cupola of my college's main building to my parents!

We made a quick stop at Barnes and Noble before calling it an afternoon.  Back at the hotel, Dad and I went for a swim.  That evening we had dinner at the mall and watched A Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian at the Egyptian-themed Muvico movie theater.

kerisina says:
Congrats!!!! ;D
Posted on: Jul 20, 2009
mrgishi says:
Congrats on your master's degree! I love the Inner Harbor.
Posted on: May 26, 2009