Eat, Sleep, Dive, Drink?

Puerto Galera Travel Blog

The Bar at night(I didn't take this pic)
There is a simple statement that can be made about most dive trips, "Eat, Sleep, Dive". And it is very true.
Our usual schedule for the trip is get up at 7AM, eat some breakfast, and then the first dive is at 8:15. Dive for about an hour, come back to the hotel and there is usually someone with some kind of snack waiting for you. And in between you hang out and get some sun, sometimes I didn't even get out of my wetsuit. The next dive is at 10:30. And after that, lunch at noon. Followed by the third dive at 1:30. After that dive, again someone meets us with a snack of some kind.  Then the forth and final dive at 3:30.  And just to top it all off, dinner was @ 6PM.
So let's just say that after a week of this you are very tired and very spoiled.
The pool(I didn't take this pic)
The food was great and so was the diving. And the people at the hotel were great. Anything you needed, they would get for you and they are always happy and friendly. Now some of us, usually the guys, in the evening would hang out at the bar overlooking the ocean for a SMB (San Miguel Beer on tap) or two. Some of the diving instructors and boat guys would also hang out. It is so nice and warm just sitting on a barstool, talking BS and listening to music. An interesting thing at the bar is that all the music was off of an ipod nano. And if you had an ipod, you could hook it up and play some of your own stuff. Another time, I'll talk about a little more about the area and the night life. And about taking my 18 year old high school senior, brother out. Fun times!
The Bar at night(I didnt take thi…
The Bar at night(I didn't take th…
The pool(I didnt take this pic)
The pool(I didn't take this pic)
My room