Leaving for vacation!

San Francisco Travel Blog

Getting on the boat to Mindoro
I was so ready to go on vacation. Recently I had started a new job and had only taken about two days off in the past year, so I was really ready to get out of town for a week. I had long weekends, but not 10 days of nothing but fun.
Well I wouldn't say the travelling was that much fun. We were scheduled to leave at 10 PM Friday night, so I decided to work a half day. I packed the night before so, after lunch and a couple of beers, I gathered my things and went home. This trip I was going with my parents and my younger brother, so we all went to the airport together to start getting in lines. Lines to check in, lines to go thru security, lines to get on and off the plane, etc... The flight was alright, I think @ 14 hours straight thru.
Some of the shoreline
I really don't sleep on planes so I watched 3 movies, read some magazines and walked around the back of the plane. The plane wasn't full so some people got to stretch out and sleep.
After eating about three times and being in the same clothes for 24 hours we arrived in Manilla. Warm, humid, perfect. It was actually Sunday morning about 6 AM because of going over the date line. The group split up into three groups and got into three vans. We dive from a hotel called Atlantis in Sabang and they arrange everything. Someone meets us and we just follow them. It is very easy and very nice. The van ride is about an hour and a half, then an hour boat ride to the hotel. It really doesn't get any easier.
When we get to the hotel, it is still early so we cannot check in, but they give us a little briefing, with a free neck and shouler massage. I repeat, it doesn't get any better than this. We walk around a little and then check in. We are scheduled for our first dive @ 2PM. Just an easy check out dive. One of the ladies, Gay, the airline lost her bags, so she had to borrow clothes and dive gear for the first couple of days.
After the dive we eat, have a beer at the bar overlooking the ocean, and then early to bed.
The beach were we got on the boat