Off to see the big budha!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

RJ budha
so the great three reunited once again after the infamous trip in london journeyed through the perilous metro system and headed for the mountains to see the mystic budha.  we had to take a sky lift there which was great cause there was spectacular views of the water and the city and mountains.. amy is really scared of heights so she stood in the middle of the car holding on to the pole.. on the way up through the mountains i thought i saw a pack of mountain lions! but it turned out to be just a bunch of dogs. hahaha but they looked cool.. we finally arrived at our destination and could see the budha in mountains.. just a short walk away through an ancient town untouched by time by heavily affected by the tourism industry. hhahaha we had to navigate through a maze of gift shops filled with dangerous souvenirs.
me and bruce lee
again it was hot and there was a large stair case to get to the budha...but i have been practicing climbing up stairs just for this occasion so i was undaunted. =p the budha was cool!! nothing else to describe it.. it had an inverted nazi symbol on its chest.. according to history or somthing like this, the nazis stole this symbol and took it upon their own.. dont quote me on this. haha but after more pictures of us and the budha we decided to head back.  we were going to meet zoe at the tram peak station!.. sure enough she was there waiting for us and all four of us headed off to get something to eat again. haha  after a quick bite we droped amy off at the station cause she had a flight that night.. Me grzechu and zoe headed off to the peak tram station again and headed up the mountain to have a great view of the city at night.
zoe me and jegs at top of hongkong
. at the top it turned out was a giant mall for tourists! it was also raining hard and we didnt get a clear view of the city... so instead we just had coffee and this milk tea coffee mixture popular in hongkong ( so zoe says) hahah but it was good.. the weather finally cleared and we were able to take a few photos from the top... it was late and zoe had to go to work the next day so we went with her to the metro as far as we could go and said our goodbye.. then we headed back to the hostel... another tiring day. but it was fun. thanks zoe and amy for joining us in HongKong
silenthillover says:
wow great photo's.
RJ82 says:
lucky us the weather was good.
jonatz says:
good thing you've got good weather when you were in hongkong. ('',)
kungfu fighting
me and jackie chan!
me and jackie chan!
trail
trail
grzechu and his metro maps.
grzechu and his metro maps.
in search of icecream for amy