Im in CHINA! technically Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Travel Blog

me jegs and amy
heres the deal.. jegs blog has already been featured and he has most if not all of the same pics i have.. but im writting my blog cause my stories are a bit different.. heheh and i have more pics of thailand etc.. so read on if you like.. some laughs promised i hope

I arrived in HK around lunch time from toronto canada.. the flight had arrived a bit early and after 2 days of travel on a plane without taking a shower i was glad that i arrived safe and sound. all i was thinking was that i hope grzechu is at the airport to pickup me so i could head straight to the hostel and take a nice long shower. i gave him a text and he said to meet me at the main arrival hall.. i didnt have to wait long which was also good.  then we boarded a bus to our hostel.
. the airport was at lantau island and we headed to kowloon where our hostel would be. we got off the bus and had to get on the metro. it was clean and nice and when we got out of the metro it was raining but luckily again our hostel was right across the metro. it wasnt a very nice location. hahah and i was surprised to see that there were many indians (hindu) and africans in hongkong. we checked in to our room which was barely big enough to fit 2 small beds and a toilet which is in the same space as the shower and sink. hahah no windows either and the airconditioning was barely functional. but i guess we get what we paid for since it was relatively cheap.. i also got a call from amy saying the she was in macau with her friends and i told her we will meet after we get rested a bit.
hongkong at night
so after i took a shower and rested a bit.. me and grzechu headed out to the famous clocktower where we have a great view of hongkong island. the weather was a bit rainy but that was okay.. there was a breeze also which was great cause it was really hot and sticky weather..  we headed off to hongkong island to walk around and we saw alot of OFW (overseas filipino workers) and i mean alot of them! hongkong is very impressive with its skyscrapers and modern architecture but other than that there is really nothing else to see.. we met up with amy around 8pm at the clock tower again where we saw the city show of lights! its was pretty cool with laser beams shooting out of the building and all.. by this point we were all hungry... i was still a bit sick (sore throat) so i wanted some hot noodles or soup.. i had congee which is like rice soup.. good for the throat.. we really do much else after eating... we dropped amy off at her hotel and said that we would meet up the next day to see the big budha in lantau island.
pensacolapyro says:
So I guess you have been to Batangas Beach? I have friends that live in Bani (Pangasinan) I think that is the spelling. I have done medical missions in PI at San Juan La Union? Do you know that place? I have been to Thailand twice now and love it, check out my blogs and you can see my pics. :)
RJ82 says:
really you were there in thailand? ilocos norte is where my mums side of the family comes from! i agree the place is very beautiful =]
pensacolapyro says:
Looks like we had just missed each other in Thailand. I was there June 9-21 2009. I like your PI pictures, you went to a lot of the places I stayed at. I like the north of llocos Norte the best though. :)
me in hongkong