Townsville Airport: The Beginning of a South-East Asian Journey

Townsville Travel Blog

Introduction
Nothing much to say here at this point, this is just my starting blog to my Chinese New Year journey for 2009! Made sure I packed my things the night before and put my checklist together of everything I needed for my trip. I think it's always a good idea to write a checklist of what you need/want to take a week before, and have somebody else check it for you to make sure you haven't forgotten anything. I also pack at least a day in advance to make sure there's enough room in my bag for everything!

Also! Make sure you leave room in your bag for anything that might take your fancy wherever you are going. There's been a few times in the past where my bag has gone over the weight limit at the airport, or I've had to throw away things or squash my bag to inhuman proportions to get by. You're on a holiday, don't let something as simple as this get you down!

Townsville Airport
Nothing much to say here: The check in terminals are on your left as you walk in, and there's a cafe where you can get an assortment of things before your flight, including hot meals for the early/late birds. For the red-eye flights, it's the only place that's open so you don't have much of a choice here. Once you go through security there is another cafe on your left which serves sandwiches, wraps, croissants and other such things, and a newsagent on your right to get a magazine for the flight. There's also a small clothing/apparel shop, but, not to take business away here, it is extremely overpriced and not worth it. You can get better items in the city itself. If you leave it til now to buy your clothes and souveniers you have not planned your Townsville trip properly!

Anyway, the flight was called and we boarded, getting ready for our first stop in Brisbane...
Townsville