Rainy Shanghai

Shanghai Travel Blog

Longhua Temple
We woke up pretty late... aw, looks like im getting lazier and lazier:////
After having breakfast we went out of the central Shanghai to see the Longhua pagoda/temple. Then we visited even farther located town Qibao - and exactly its Old Town with the traditional old style buildings, narrow streets and small bridges. Pretty nice place but very touristic, a lot of shops with souvenirs, traditional and almost traditional stuff, and of course with lotsa yammy food:)
Unfortunatelly around this small Old Town there were commi-blocks - just crappy place to live...
From Qibao we came back to the hostel and it started to rain:/. We tryed to text Amy (TB)  but my phone kept refusing sending messages, although i received Amy's messages. So i used TB for comunicating with her, but it took more time and we couldnt meet this day. Then we got to the resto near the hostel to grab dinner and went fast back before it started to rain again. It was not the best weather though, but at least a good reason for staying at 'home' and uploading some pics.
That night we played cards - RJ learnt at last the new game (no idea what's its name in effinglish, but we call it 'tysiac' = 'thousand').
RJ82 says:
ah so this was my missing day!haha
Posted on: Jul 06, 2009