Not a big deal at all

Malacca Travel Blog

23.june.2009
I've heard several time about Melaka... so i booked the hostel and planned in into the Asia - trip. We left Singapore around noon and came to Melaka around 15.30. Taxi to the hostel and then to town. Actually the best place is the hostel, coz the guy who's running it seems to care about ppl here and he tryes to put them together, like introducing them, organizing dinner together and so on. So as for place to stay - stafwise - it's good. But the town itself looks like not that good... at least at the day light. We ate something in chinatown, then visited all the places listed in the guide... and it's not that good at all. I shouldnt complain, or judge, but i wouldnt tell a friend: "go to Melaka - it's fun and very interesting place". So kinda disapointed we stayed there untill night.
river
And... i must admit with the darkness, that maybe covers some parts of the reality, and all those lights - Melaka gets something like a charm. Especially the Chinatown with all those small temples and mosques... or whatever those places are. And there are some pretty nice houses, but u have to look for them and watch carefully every corner.

24.june.2009
The night passed and the day has come. We woke up (although the word 'we' isnt correct, i woke up and the filipino guy had to be forced to leave the bed;). We wnet down for the malay breakfast (lucky we there was a resto under the hostel). It was delicious, even if we had no idea what we ate. :) Then i wanted to go for some walk - the last walk in Melaka before we left, but RJ wanted to stay at the hostel and read his book.
temple with RJ
Fortunately i convinced him to join me but Mr. Moody didnt seem to enjoy it;). Me - the other way around, i found some charm in the smal houses of the town, maybe because i used to be in Melaka or it was maybe the fact that i knew what should i expect in this place. Anyways it seemed to be nicer town than the previous day.

To the guys from Tourist and Promotion Department of Melaka:
"U should get the award for promoting ur city! I mean it! U made great job attracting so many tourists to an almost crapy town. Melaka is even the world's heritage place. Bravo! I wish my town had such good personal in the Mayor office.

Then our hostel-gyu drove us to bus station and we left for Kuala Lumpur.
Lonelytravelerwin says:
I agree with Keiko...I have been to Melaka so many times. Melaka is interesting on the architecture...those Peranakan Houses and most important the food. The Pasar Malam (the night bazaar) is a must visit :-)
Posted on: Jul 08, 2009
KeikoCreative says:
Amy don't get put off by what the guys have to said in this blog:P Malacca is a beautiful city, coz they miss out alot becoz they are tourist over there.
Hey guys Malacca is very nice place, u guys have lots of missing parts over there.
U miss the pasar malam in Jonker street on Friday evening(if it is still on Friday now).
The special chicken rice. Also sitting on the wooden jetty looking at the sunset.
Oh that is really marvellous.
Coz I use to visit my best friend in Malacca that is why as a tourist will definitely miss out those interesting bits and pieces:P
Posted on: Jun 28, 2009
jegs76 says:
well, the second morning in Malaka was better i guess, i found some nice places, an maybe even a little bit of charm in this town... just wait for the next entry of Malak=a hahaha ;) now we r in Kuala Lumpur and we have fun, so Malaysia is treating us well, so far:)
Posted on: Jun 25, 2009
ship and me
ship and me
sunset
sunset
RJ goofing in front of standing tr…
RJ goofing in front of standing t…
sunset and ship