Paris in 2 days...DONE!

Paris Travel Blog

Well - London was a blast so off to Paris I went.  After some confusion with my Eurostar ticket, I was sorted and on my way...2 hours and 30 mins later I had arrived.

Paris is a large, complex city with no real street grid.  You are left to your own devices to navigate around town, and you would think it would be easy since you can use the Eiffel Tower for reference right?  Wrong.  The tower is only actually visable from certain areas of the city...and of course where I was staying was not one of them.

Anywho, found my hostel (and will NEVER star there again!) and headed out to see Paris.  The first day I was pretty exhausted from the eraly morning and train etc, so I just headed right for the good stuff, the Eiffel Tower...AT NIGHT!  Check out the pics...AMAZING!!!  Pictures, TV and movies do NOT do it justice when you are standing at the base of it all lit up!  Just breathtaking!

Thursday I went on a 4 hours guided walking tour of Paris with a cool group called 'New Europe' ( - check em tours in most major European cities).  The coolest thing was Alex (my tour guide) was from Toronto...WHO KNEW!

After getting an overview of what is where and what to see and not see from Alex, I headed out to do some more exploring of my own...the pictures tell the story!

Friday AM is a 6am train to sleep it is!

Check in from the Red Light District next :)

photo by: Sweetski