EuropeItalyRome

Arrival in Rome

Rome Travel Blog

After spending 4 hours in Heathrow Airport, and being disconnected from the rest of our family, we finally arrived in Rome. We took the train from the airport to our apartment. This was my first time in a Non English-Speaking country (I'd previously been to the UK in 2000). My first memories of Rome were the pretty hills on the outskirts of the city, the countless apartment complex's being built, and the many advertisements. We took a taxi from the train station to our apartment.  My cousins, aunt, and uncle (our travel partners who we were disconnected from in London) popped their heads out of the windows and greeted us. We were all so happy to be there together. The apartment was beautiful. With 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and plenty of fine art and statues throughout, I had never seen such a magnificent apartment. We were in the located in the Piazza Farnece, next to the Campo de Fiore (sorry if my spelling is incorrect). We ate a fabulous first dinner at La Carbonara, located right under our apartment. Their signature dish was (drumroll please!) La Carbonara! It is a pasta dish with a creamy egg sauce and bacon. My best meal in Rome, hands down. We immediately got gelatto after dinner! There was a drunk, homeless man that lived on the streets near our apartment that I still, to this day remember. I felt bad for him, but he did provide us with a lot of entertainment over the course of our stay in Rome. Though he was homeless, we enjoyed joking around with him and he was one of those people that you will never forget.
Rome