My week in Jamaica

Runaway Bay Travel Blog

It was a cramped flight, and about a 1 1/2 hour shuttle to the resort, but everything after that was AWESOME!

We spent the week at the all-inclusive resort Royal Decameron in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. The people there were amazingly nice to me. They really made the trip special.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't the best resort on the island, or the prettiest, it's all going to depend on you as a person.

The type of person I am, I can make the best of any situation, and just enjoy myself.

The room we had was like a little hut - so cute. It was a simple room, closet, bed, bathroom. Very comfy.

The beach itself was pretty sandy - and the water had a lot of rocks on the ocean floor in a lot of spots. But, the water was safe and relaxing.
The had plenty of huts and tents to lay out under. Your stay does include non-motorized water activities, which is a plus.

The food was just ok - maybe just a different cooking style? No worries about ever being hungry though - it seemed like there was always something to eat! The drinks with alcohol were also just ok, but the non-alcohol drinks were delicious!

We only left the resort 3 days out of the week because we were just enjoying laying out all day. I do highly recommend the "Cool Runnings" Dunn's River Fall's tour!

All in all, my stay was wonderful. It was probably my most relaxing vacation. I did fall in love with the island, and have already started researching prices to go back this year.

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Runaway Bay Hotels & Accommodations review
peaceful spot worth the money
I spent the week 5/9-5/16/09. My experience was completely positive, mainly to the employees they have working at the resort. It's a simple all inclus… read entire review