AsiaNepal

Upper Pangboche to Tengboche to Sanasa to Namche Bazaar

Nepal Travel Blog

Woke up in the morning with the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen in my life. Snow everywhere you can see, on the trees, on roof tops, on mountains, on land, on satellite dishes mounted on top of houses, on solar panels everywhere. It had stopped snowing but was still a bit cloudy and the sun was starting to come up. After a quick breakfast we visited the monastery in the village, after prayers we sat down and decided it was not possible to go via mountain path to Phortse, hell it was tricky to walk on the snow towards Tengboche itself which was quite a good path. So finally we started walking towards Namche Bazaar, but every 10 minutes we walked the scenery changed and I kept on clicking photos. Everywhere we looked it looked only black & white. We made our way quickly to Tengboche and after a quick tea break started walking down the hill to reach the river bridge and our lunch stop. After lunch it was a 3 hr walk to Namche  and we were laughing, making jokes all the way up hill. Did not realize how fast we crossed the hill and the 3 hrs passed, we had reached our lodge in Namche. The next few hours were spent looking at the injuries and attending to tired muscles and may be take some small walks around this small town/village.

We had to drop our plan to cross the Cho La pass and now were just planning to go to Gokyo Ri. May be will try to cross Cho La next time.

After a quick wash, was in the dinning room chatting with other trekkers. In the evening had a couple of drinks with everyone and joined in the discussion with everyone sharing their experiences. Soon it was 9pm and I was feeling a bit drunk and sleepy for the first time during this trek since we left Namche. Slept off and was pretty de-hydrated, but still got some decent sleep in the night.