Phakding to Lukla

Nepal Travel Blog

Woke up around 6:30am and felt refreshed. After breakfast we started walking towards Lukla. We walked real slow today as this was the last day of the trek. Finally reached Lukla, checked into the lodge, re-confirmed our flight tickets to Kathmandu for the next day. Rest of the day was spent loitering around the town, had a small nap and finally decided to step out for some local snacks. Went with my guide and another guide to a local tea stop where we had some momos and samosas (Maize flour stuffed with potatoes and deep fried). This was a bit heavy after much but still enjoyed the local taste. Later took another nap and in the evening we were ready for some celebrations. Had couple of beers in the backyard lawn recalling all the experiences we had in the past few days. Soon it was dinner time and by the time I finished writing my diary for the day, some of the other porters/guides started dancing to the local music. One by one more people joined in and soon we had a nice celebration going on. Was a good experience to finish our trek on a happy note with everyone back safe and sound and smile on their faces.