AsiaNepal

Namche Bazaar to Phunge Taga to Tengboche (3868 meters)

Nepal Travel Blog

Same routine, wake up at 5:00am, breakfast at 7pm and start walking at 7:30am. Today the initial 15 min was tough walk up but later was relatively flat (what people call here Nepali flat) all the way down to the lunch place in Phunge Taga which is again near a bridge crossing a river. Today we got the first clear view of the tip of Mt Everest and with the weather clear, also got a good view of the other peaks which were shining in the snow and sun. Lunch stop was at Phunge Taga which was a climb down to the river bridge and then its 2 tough hours uphill to reach Tengboche.

After lunch started the climb up at 12noon and it felt like a never ending climb as the sun was also out and it was getting sweaty inside the layers of winter clothes. But after reaching the top was rewarded by amazing Tengboche village and a beautiful monastery. At the top its flat land over which the monastery and a few lodges were built. After checking into the room had some snacks and again talked to the other trekkers.

Later visited the monastry to offer my prayers. Plenty of tourists around and the moment I started my prayers, people around me started taking my pictures. Was amusing to see people taking flash photos as now I am in other guys photos. Outside the monastery the view was great view with the clouds coming in slowly and we were walking in the clouds.  Back to our lodge which was just opposite to the monastery (Tashi Delek Inn). Later again in the evening went for a walk and got to see some more villages tucked in the mountains. Khumjung village was visible and also the trail which we took from Namche. We could also see on the other side the trail we had to take to reach Dengboche the next day. All around we were surrounded by high mountains covered in clouds. During dinner there was a big group from Singapore going to the Everest Base camp to support their summit group. They were having some sort of feast with all kinds of food ordered and checking their photos/videos of the previous days, transferring them to laptops, making lots of noise and having fun.

After my dinner went to bed early around 7:30pm but something told me that would not be getting sleep. Kept waking every hour and did not get any sleep the whole night. But the view outside was simply breathtaking with the weather clearing, the moon coming out and all the snow covered mountains were shining in the moonlight, amazing sight.

First clear view of tip of Mt Ever…
First clear view of tip of Mt Eve…