AsiaNepal

Namche Bazaar to Phakding

Nepal Travel Blog

After a long time had a good nights sleep and woke up to clear weather. I jumped out of the bed came out of the lodge and looked towards Thame, but was disappointed. Towards Thame there were still clouds and the mountains looked covered in fresh snow. As I could not wait another day in Namche for the weather to clear, decided to walk back to Phakding and Lukla to take the flight back to Kathmandu.

After breakfast bid goodbye to the lodge owners, exchanged contacts with other trekkers and lodge folks and started walking towards 7:45am.

Today though was a tough day walking down the imfamous Namche hill, but as we started climbing down slowly we realized it not so bad going down. We made up ground quickly and before we knew were down the mountain beside the river in 1hr 15 min. It had taken some 2 ½ hours for us to go up this same mountain earlier.

Went over the river bridge to reach Jorsale which was our lunch stop. It was the same place where earlier the Ear doctors had put their camp, but they had left for another village. After a good lunch started walking towards Phakding and the trail now seemed much easier as we slowly started walking up. Stopped at a few places for tea breaks and reached Phakding around 1:00pm. Today we decided to rest here, take it easy as Lukla was just another 3 hours walk from here. I finally had a hot shower for a long time, cleaned myself up thoroughly, rubbed everywhere to remove all the dirt settled on the body. I was taking a shower after almost 11-12 days and body really smelled bad. After shower felt really really fresh, had a beer with some local chicken dishes and then came the big question as to what to do for the rest of the day. Finished my book, took a stroll around and even had a nap. Packed my bag and it was still 4:30pm, so decided to have an early dinner at 6pm and go to bed early.

Dinner was bad compared to other places may be because I was the only tourist at that place and the lodge owners might be feeling lazy to cook properly for just 1 person. Later tucked in the bed and surprisingly, immediately felt asleep with lots of dreams/nightmares after what seemed like a long long time in the mountains.