AsiaNepal

Kathmandu and Fly back to Delhi and Bangalore

Nepal Travel Blog

Everest

Slept the whole morning till around noon and then got ready, reached Pancha’s office. Thamel felt crowded, dirty, noisy and polluted. Afternoon planned to visit the Pashupatinath temple and to get some more tasty samosas.

A quick stroll around the temple and we went to New Road where it was utter chaos. It’s a market place with loads and loads of people everywhere, walking, on 2 wheelers, 4 wheelers. We could not find parking and so asked the driver to look for parking elsewhere while we proceeded to get our samosas. Bought the samosas back to Pancha’s office and we had kind of a small party with all his staff joining in.

Evening I went to Pancha’s house to have dinner with his family and spend the night at his place. It was outside the crowded Kathmandu and almost on the tip of a small hill. But it was calm and quite and away from the crowds as in Thamel hotel. We chatted for some time and have become close pals by now. He understands my requirements for trek and I understand his office work as we got to know each other quiet well by now. Its my great pleasure to have him as my very good friend in Nepal and will cherish this friendship as long as I live. Will keep coming back to Nepal and am sure Panchalal will be there to make all the arrangements for my treks.

Next day morning woke up and saw dark clouds everywhere and was wondering whether these clouds are following me back from Everest of what. It seemed that will rain heavily later in the day. But looking back at the past few days I consider myself extremely lucky. Where it mattered the most I got very clear weather with great views of the mountains. The climate was great, trekking was amazing, people I met along the way were friendly and overall I had a wonderful wonderful time.

After breakfast we came back to Thamel and I went to Durbar square shopping for some souvenirs’ to take back home and then left for the airport. My flight was in the afternoon and was on time, so bid goodbye to everyone promising to come back again next year.
Everest photos during clear weather. I was lucky to get clear views of Everest when climbed Kala Pattar.