Day 6 - Lunch Up The Mountain

Val Thorens Travel Blog

Val Thorens
After such a great ski yesterday, we were quite keen to get going this morning and improve ourselves further. We began the morning going over a few tricky runs, just to ease the group into the lesson. The instructor stepped it up after that though, and we tackled some very steep blues and our first red run! I'd been really good over the past few days with regards to staying on my feet, but I must admit that I took a couple of spills! However, both Dave and I, and indeed the whole group, made it down the slopes in one piece!

We saw out the morning going over the same few runs and again the confidence grew. By this time, I was feeling good enough to bring out my camera and get some great pictures. So after a fairly strenuous lesson, a hearty lunch was the order of the day.
Val Thorens
We had organised to have lunch at the top of one of the peaks on Tuesday, but this was cancelled due to the blizzard. So we made our way up today, and found the top of the mountain to be so much colder and windier. The views were stunning, but we were glad to get into the warmth of the restaurant.

I opted for a slice of pizza and chips, which was probably a bad choice in hindsight, as there were plenty of dishes I'd never tasted before. The pizza was really nice though. Our plans for the afternoon were to ski a little longer but after lunch I became a lethargic wreck. Luckily we stopped off to watch some pro boarders pull wicked air over a tasty jump. I just laid out on the snow and could have slept. We commenced our skiing but by now I was like a zombie and decided to get off the slopes before I injured myself or somebody else!

However, I was raring to go by the evening as I had a great power nap in the afternoon and had enough energy to cook the guys up some sausages and cheesy mash. As usual, we saw out the night in typical fashion. Having drunk our chalet dry, we headed out to a club for some beers and to watch a band. The music was kinda mediocre, but the mood was great. We retired fairly early as we were saving ourselves for tomorrow night, our last night of the trip.
Beers and banter