Snorkelling and the phi phi islands

Phi Phi Island Travel Blog

Today we had a snorkelling tour booked that would take us to see the viking caves, maya beach, snorkelling and monkey beach.

Maya beach was absolutly beautiful it was exactly like the pictues and postcards, on the tour we met a couple from Austrailia called blake and faith they were lovely and we all got on really well.

At the snorkelling lagoon everyone got in but I couldnt get in at first because I was a little bit scared of sharks but  finally decided I would get in and at least give it a go, I guess my guide though I couldnt swim or something because he strapped this life jacket on me so tight and said I needed it if I wasn't putting the snorkelling flippers on so I jumped in and swam around for a bit but it was too difficult with the jacket on so after a bit I got back in the boat and told him I didnt need it and was a strong swimmer, so took it off and jumped back in everybody was snorkelling but for some reason I just could not do it and ended up with a mouthfull of salt water yuk !!!!! Oh and a maskfull of water lol.

MAYA BEACH :) lol

Blake was hiding under the boat and planned to grab my leg so I thought it was a shark lol ... I tell you I dont think I've ever moved so fast in my life lol... we were all laughing for ages after he thought it was hillarious.

The water at maya beach was soo clear like glass and the sand underneath it was smooth but a bit rocky far out Bring your flip flops in ... good idea ! We took lots of great pics and even did one of those pics from the film, you know 'The Beach' where they all jump up and have the photo taken :)

We arranged to meet Blake and Faith later that evening for dinner as we thought they were alot of fun, We left them around 1:30 ish and from 2pm untill about half 6 we just went back to sleep we were soooooo tired .

justgophuket says:
great content !
Posted on: Jan 10, 2013
nico1984 says:
awesome pics, gonna add maya beach to my itinery.x
Posted on: Mar 03, 2010
manoela28 says:
a great set of pictures here
Posted on: Jun 10, 2009