Our night by the beach

Koh Phangan Travel Blog

All of us

So after our fabulous day elephant trekking, Emma and Caitlin agreed to meet us later for dinner... Barbeque on the beach !

I got barbequed tuna steaks and so did caitlin, Emma tryed small peices of everything and Charleigh braved the Shark .

We all had a small peice of charleigh's , so we could tell everyone back home that we had eaten shark, it tasted just like any other fish in the sea, but if I had to pick one that it tasted most like I would probably say salmon.It was an expensive dinner but well worth it as it came with salad, jacket potatoes and corn on the cob. We were way to bloated after our meals to do much plus a thunderstorm had just arrived so we all went and sat down on the cushions or a matress for a chillout.

The four of us grabbed a deck of cards and played all sorts of card games such as 21, old maid, and snap which had us in fits of giggles, Emma asked one of the staff for 4 spoons and taught us the card game called spoons which we played for ages and the stormy, rainy weather just made the evening a little more cosy, everyone was sitting around in the shelter, eating dinner, drinking cocktails, chatting, chiiling out watching the storm over the sea and the lighting bolts pierce the sky...

We though it was best that we ordered some deserts after a few hours to go with our spoons... the bananna split was the best desert I think I've ever eaten.

By the time we had finished gossiping and chit chatting and were about ready to get back it was quite late but still hadn't stopped raining so after three ...One Two THREE ...RUN !!!!!!!!! We all darted back to our bungalows and got drenched on the way :)

OK so when we got off the boat the guy that had sold us the bungalows that were apparently better and more convinient was nowhere to be seen, he had told us he would take us there for free, but we ended up having to pay for a taxi as we couldn't find him, once we reached this place we realised we had made a mistake, the rooms had padlocks on the doors and windows, a  sign saying lock doors when your inside, hmmmm, there were also stray dogs roaming around right outside our door and barking at us when we wanted to go in to our room...lol oh plus the sheets didn't look very clean and the beach was all stoney and didnt look very nice... although he was right about one thing, it was peaceful!

We got straight out of there, on a tuk-tuk to our original booked place central cottages.

Our taxi driver was really friendly and gave us some very good advice which later stopped me from losing my camera and phone, he told us that alot of people go to the full moon party to steal, and 80% of people lose or get their stuff stolen, so he said to leave all valubules at our hotel.

central cottages was fantastic , in comparison to the place we had just left, it was like being at the hilton lol.

We had a much nicer beach here and went for a walk and got in the sea, it was a really hot sunny day :), I bought a sarong before getting back to our beach hut, just as we were going in to our hut two american girls came over and introduced themselves as emma and caitlin, they were very friendly and were staying in the hut next to ours.

We were trying to decided on what to do for the day and we really wanted to go elephant trekking, when the girls came over with a leaflet and asked if we wanted to all go together, so we booked a half an hour elephant trek each.

Elephant trekking was one of the scariest but most exhilirating experiences of my life, our elephant kept stopping as we were half way up a steeep hill and it feels like your going to fall off or the seats are going to come off, Im glad we chose only the half hour trek for our first time as it definatly was a shock but it was so much fun and we had a great time.

bashmentbabe says:
yep just central cottages :) it was great
Posted on: Jun 09, 2009
hannah-lou says:
Ah I cant wait to go! What was the name of the place you stayed at?? Simply central Cottages?
Posted on: May 23, 2009
bashmentbabe says:
thankyou guys, i had fun writing it :)
Posted on: May 22, 2009
All of us
He was just sitting there eating h…
He was just sitting there eating …
so much fun !