Journey to KO PHANGAN

Surat Thani Travel Blog

hammock at surat thani (charleigh)

Ok so it was already like 7.30AM in the morning by the time our heads had hit our pillows and we had a boat to krabi booked for 9AM, hhhhmmm you would think that we would have done the sensible thing and stay awake until we had to leave but since we were already packed we decided to get an hour or so sleep as we were tired and slightly hung over.... we didn't make it ............did you really think we would? :)

Well we couldn't find the lady either who gave us our tickets for absolutely ages we searched Phi Phi high and low for about half hour but when we eventually did she was nice enough to swap our tickets over to the night boat for us ... we had to wait a couple hours before leaving though so we sat down for some food and pineapple juice after that we did a bit of shopping before leaving phi phi, I needed some different flip flops as my toes were still all cut from the night before so we both ended up getting some really comfortable billabong sandals.

night boat

Time to start our journey to ko phangan, first was a 2 hour drive to surat thani, once we reached surat thani we had about 3 or so hours to kill before setting off on out night boat, we hung out at a nice little garden restaurant with colourful chairs and hammocks, we also had some dinner just before leaving on the boat... it was actually very, very nice and only cost 60bht (fried rice with vegetables).

By 11pm we were on the boat and ready to leave... the journey was 6 hours long so we would arrive to ko phangan by 5am.

While on the boat one of those sales guys came to us and started telling us about these 'great bungalows' even though we already had a place to stay, he lied about everything and told us our place was too far and cost 800 bht for a taxi to the full moon party..... silly us we fell for it. What a mistake !

advice - book your stay in ko phangan online before getting there and don't beleive what anyone tells you just stick to the place that you like .

p.s. I had a fantastic sleep on the night boat, however charleigh was cold and couldnt sleep :( I was too tired that I dont think I noticed anything.

cneoridium says:
Night boat sounds cool! I like traveling at night so you don't waste time during the day riding somewhere.... plus the free place to sleep! Was it pretty quiet, or were you just really tired? : )
Posted on: May 19, 2009
night boat
me with my bandage from night befo…
me with my bandage from night bef…
lmao sleeping