Good bye Nairobi, Hello Uganda!

Nairobi Travel Blog

Well since you have all read about how unhappy i was in Nairobi I decided to take fate into my own hands and get out of here.  So I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to Entebbe Uganda.  Which is just outside of the capital Kampala.

As of right now i dont have any firm plans for what i'm doing in uganda or even where i am staying.  I know this isn't very much like me to go somewhere without proper plans but what can i say i'm becoming more african and letting things just happen.  So I bought another copy of lonely planet africa since i had accidentally left mine at home and am heading to another country...

I can't wait i'm hoping to go to Jinja where they have level 5 rafting that is supposed to be some of the best in the entire world.  One of the guys i meet in Ethiopia had recommended it and i'm glad he did!  I just hope i can survive because it sounds quite intense.

Well other than my crazy plans nothing very interesting has happened lately.  I finished reading American Rust and it was amazing.  I highly recommend it to everyone!  It reminds me of Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men because of its very honest slightly depressing writing style.  It really does an excellent job at characterizing what is happening in the united states now due to deindustrialization and the crap economy.
photo by: easyjobrob