Apparently I'm too dangerous for Canada

Niagara Falls Travel Blog

After my 4 hour drive from Lorain, Ohio to Niagara Falls, Ontario I'm at the border. Time for 2 hours of wasted time! I get to the border guards and they ask questions about where I'm going and why, I answer and they send me over to have my car searched. I talk with the guys searching my car and they seemed like alright guys. Of course I have to explain why I had a High Times magazine in my school bag. I don't smoke weed but the magazine had an article about the Rastafari movement that liked. After they were finished going through my car they gave me a yellow slip and told me to go on inside the building. As soon as I walk in they direct me to the Immigration line. Now I'm standing in a long line of people who are either look Indian, Middle Eastern and/or of College age. Hooray for prejudice! After a good hour of waiting in line I'm finally called to the desk. The woman asked me why I'm here I reply "To see Niagara Falls". She asked what do I plan to do, I say "Take pictures and video". Staying the night? Maybe, depends on how things go and if I can find a place cheap enough. She takes me to a room and asks me more questions. Apparently not many people spontaneously travel to Canada. Is Canada really that uncool?! Even though I explained that I'm not that far from home she wasn't going for it. Denied! This is weird to me, nothing about me says criminal (at least I don't think anything does), yet I am denied a chance to contribute to Canada's economy. Oh well, I don't get mad, I figure it'll be a story to tell. Back to the States!
Niagara Falls