Bye Bye Beach :(

Puntarenas Travel Blog

I caught the first bus out of Santa Teresa this morning- at 5:30am! It was kind of sad to leave the beach. I was enjoying it so much!

Yesterday I rented a board for the day. I tried to surf in the morning but the waves here are pretty strong, so I was having trouble getting out beyond where they break. I decided to layout and read a bit instead. Sadly, I managed to miss random spots so I will have some funny burn/tan marks. Oh well.

After the few hours on the beach I went up to the hostel, took a shower, and hung out all day on a hammock. Perfect! Around 5, some of the other girls were going back out to surf (the waves weren't so strong because it was low tide). I did much better this time around. I'm still no surfer though. I have decided that I need a month or two to just hang out at the beach and teach myself to surf...maybe next summer???

I have been rooming with a group of Dutch girls the past few days, plus Kerri (the Canadian). We stayed in and made some pasta at the hostel and hung out for a while. A few of the guys went down to the beach and built a bonfire (not sure if it's legal, but we didn't get caught...) It was a good beach evening to end my stay in Santa Teresa.

I'm going to miss the flat surfaces to run on... off to the mountains!
pawandangie says:
Hey it worked.
My typing is a bit off but you know what I mean.

Can't wait to read yur next blog.
Posted on: May 24, 2009
pawandangie says:
Jill,
I hope thia workd, I am keeping up with you and your travels. I can see you really enjoy this. I do hope and pray you are very careful.
Luv ya
Angie
Posted on: May 24, 2009
jill says:
well... i´d be speaking spanish and volunteer-work of course! Sounds like a good goal to me :)
Posted on: May 23, 2009