Let's get it started

San Jose Travel Blog

Hi all! Just arrived in San José 2 days ago and it's already been such an adventure. I spent the first day sitting around my hostel, being antisocial, and reading tons. That evening, I got to talking to some people and sharing travel stories, etc. I needed a good night's rest, but wound up going out for a little anyways. My opinion- San José is a dirty city. If you're coming to Costa Rica, spend your time at the beach or in the mountains. There were lots of working girls-everywhere. My group and I found a complex of bars and dance clubs that was gated with guards at the entrances. You had to go through security. It was like a nightlife's version of an amusement park. I had a good time. Met a few Brits who said stuff like "indeed" and "blimey" as well as a girl from Sydney, Michelle. She and I had a blast dancing and having a good time, then going home a bit early because we had traveled all day.

I managed to miss my bus the next morning to Monteverde and there is only one bus per day-6:30am. That and the fact that the beach on the Caribbean that I planned on going to is flooded at the moment meant I had to replan my trip. I decided to take a trip to the Pacific Coast first and then to the mountains. First stop-Samara and Las Ventanas del Mar. I caught the midday bus to Samara and took a taxi up the hill. It was actually quite a good trip. Air conditioned bus, lots of reading and writing, and I even bought a dress and purse (be proud Mom). It took a bit of explaining to get past the guard, but walking up to the condo at the same time as JD, Jessica, Tyler, and Megan were coming back from watching the sunset was priceless. I spent a nice evening with them and had an amazing dinner, thanks to Megan. This morning was a typical day at Las Ventanas for all of you who have been here before. Morning breakfast and coffee on the porch, a good hill run (the only kind when you're staying on top of a huge hill), then a few hours at the pool reading.

Pura Vida