The discussion and therefore interest to find out more begins at a mini meet-up in Kampen...

Meppel Travel Blog

Today I went to a mini meet-up in Kampen organised by JP-NED (Jan). As Kampen is one of the Hanseatic cities (Hanzesteden) the attendees started a discussion about which cities in The Netherlands are Hanzesteden. Most thought there were about five of them so when I had some time on my hands a few days later I decided to try and find out more. And lo and behold, there are many more than I ever thought! In The Netherlands alone it turns out (according to the information I found on Wikipedia) there are a total of 19! This is a list of all the cities:

Groningen, Nijmegen, Roermond, Tiel, Venlo, Zaltbommel, Arnhem, Deventer, Doesburg, Elburg, Harderwijk, Hasselt, Hattem, Kampen, Oldenzaal, Ommen, Stavoren, Zutphen, Zwolle.

In this blog I will write something about all these cities and post pictures, but only as I visit them. Some I have visited before so I will write about them when I have some time and post whatever pictures I have. I will probably add more pics as I am sure I will visit some of them on more than one occasion. I hope you enjoy!

pms70 says:
Nou..... Aangezien ik hem ook "geleend" heb geen probleem!
JP-NED says:
Mooi gedaan Pat, leuk filmpje!
als je het goed vind, voeg ik hem ook toe!
pms70 says:
Maybe I can bring back some of the buried history lessons then!
Meppel