Getting there... Arriving...

Bangkok Travel Blog

***my blog is still in progress***

We flew with China Airlines--which I highly recommend--they have the most variety of meals I've ever seen--here's a tip: order a special meal so you get your food first!  But be forewarned about the food-it wasn't bad or anything but I think it didn't sit right with me (didn't get sick but i had no real appetite my whole trip and I LOVE Thai food and am used to it so I think it may have been something I ate enroute).

We decided to go straight to the southern islands as we weren't on a long trip and couldn't do Bangkok justice.  After a few hours spent in the brand new Bangkok airport eating and drinking our first pitcher of Singha beer we hopped on our flight to Koh Samui.  Another tip: book a flight with Bangkok Air directly for travel within Thailand-just take an international flight from where you're going to Bangkok--it'll save you a few hundred dollars and you might end up on Bangkok Air anyway.  The airport in Koh Samui is cool and old school--completely outdoors and reminded me of the Santa Monica Airport in LA (if you could fly into there without your own plane)!  I think we paid 800 Baht to get from the airport and boat that took us to Koh Phangan altogether.  It may have been less!  Either way it's a really good price.  Took a few pics on the Catamaran on the way from one island to the other.  When we arrived on Koh Phangan we walked past the taxis into an irish bar on the corner of the street leading to the pier and had some breakfast (well it was breakfast time anyway) and another pitcher of Singha.  Then we went back and got a taxi to our hotel.

photo by: halilee