A long walk with long breaks

Munich Travel Blog

Leg at me!

I left Reichenbach at 9am after having slept well in the hotel and having enjoyed an okay breakfast the same place. I knew from the day before that I was approximately 250km from Munich and I was absolutely in good time do I didn't have to hurry.

On the contrary to night before the traffic was quite heavy; amongst others Sachsen had started their holiday season and everybody was heading for the sun and besides that there was a lot of road construction.

I took it calm until I found and Audi A6 3.0 to drive together with. If I see a good fast driver in Germany I just tag along; this one was driving good and fast. I looked afterwards on my GPS and the fastest I went trying to follow him was 211,2 km/h.

I am getting married
It was fast but the roads were also good.

I arrived in Munich city centre before noon and I went out shopping until I could check-in to the hotel at 2pm. The hotel was situated right in the middle of the old town and 250 meters from HB Hofbrauhaus.

I used the hotel garage to park the car and the way to reach their garage was using a car elevator; another first for me. Once in the garage I had to park on a ramp that could be hissed to the ceiling so every space could host two cars.

I went to the room and dropped of all my stuff and walked towards and passed the HB, knowing that I would be back later in the evening. I walked around for a while until I felt for lunch and I turned in to Zum Franziskaner.

The last couple of days there have been a gay festival in Munich and the main entertainment has been on the square in front of the Town Hall (Rathaus).

Snieder weisse
I came in the back way and I met some people which I thought was a part of a theatre ensemble but the turned out to be drag queens waiting to walk the streets of Munich.

The entertainment on the stage was fun; I have always enjoyed people who are happy as they are. I saw a lot of brave people I must say that I saw more bravery today than I seen the last couple of years and I am not staying in the mainframe places in general.

I left the square and walked towards the central station where I stayed the last time I was here 5 weeks ago. I returned walking the parallel street and end up in the Augustiner Brewery and restaurant where I enjoyed a couple of beers in their beautiful bier garten situated in the middle of the big complex.  They would have loved me to eat there but drinking Weisse beer is like eating a whole bread each time so hunger no way.

I tasted some of their Weiss beer, mainly due to a misunderstanding again.

The laaaast one....
Wonder how many beers I actually get that way. After there I left for yet a walk and again entered the party in front of the Rathaus without participating too much.

I entered half an hour later in the Schneider Weisses Brauhaus and tasted some of their special beers of which one of them only could be tasted in the brewery; that was the strong Aventinus Weizenstarkebier. While I stayed there I had a long talk to an elderly woman sitting next to me at the table about München, Bavarian food and beer. It was quite entertaining I guess due to my fantastic German vocabulary.

I ordered a new beer and it turned out to be the strongest that they have; like I didn't read the speise carte! When I ordered it she laughed; I had already tasted a lot of their beers and this one I saved for the last.

Dance the night away

The beer had so much sugar that it could have been made in the sugar fields of Cuba. I even had some German ladies coming over to look at the beer; it was not a regular beer. It held 12 degrees or the same power as a good red wine. I was happy that the car was in the garage and would not see me before after noon tomorrow. This one was bound to hit my head hard, really hard.

I headed for the hotel to my sixth floor and the little room to get a shower before I turned back to town.

I went back to the hotel to relax and have a cold shower: It was needed after a long day of walking and drinking, well only on every planned stop!  I watched some TV and then decided to hit the town again; bloody hell hasn’t this guy had enough!

Just around the corner from my hotel, I walked it to a bar; Mara. This bar had seen it best days and after one beer I headed for HB which was only 350 meters from the hotel. After one beer there I had enough of it and decided to walk to another part of the town.

Chokk says:
The Danes are not that different ;D
Posted on: Mar 11, 2012
mosted says:
haha you're really into beer, you could be german!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2012
The third!
Taxis getting ready
Taxis getting ready
The hofbräuhaus
He came from far! Dubai plates!
He came from far! Dubai plates!
Sundown in Munich
Red shades
Dancing on a speaker
Dancing on a speaker
Zum Franziskaner München
This place is huge; I don't dare to guess either the number of seats or the square meters. There was a room for almost all kinds of groups. Due to my … read entire review
Augustiner Grossgaststätte
Munchen is full of these fantastic places, where you feel like the core of beer drinking must have descended from. The Augustiner Bräu München is tr… read entire review
Schneider Weisses Brauhaus
Here we go again, yet another wonderful Brauhaus in the middle of Munich. Schneider Weisses Brauhaus is situated only 300-400 meters from the Munich R… read entire review
Munich Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Mara and the beer from Hell
I really did not know what I did wrong besides walking in to this place at all. This place is situated on the Square on the corner of Herrnstrasse… read entire review
Munich