A hotel evening in Frankfurt

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

The hotel room

I was back in Frankfurt where I was attending a conference in the gigantic Messe area. I had looked for a hotel near the conference I was participating in but many of them where way too expensive compared to what I was ready to pay. After searching booking.com my decision fell on Welcome Hotel Frankfurt that seemed to be a nice business hotel not too far away from where I wanted to stay originally with a fair price and fair reviews.

I drove from Copenhagen, a ride that didn’t take more than 7,5 hour, and which actually was the same amount of time I would have spent in order do get to Frankfurt for a decent price. The hotel had only parking spaces in their basement and I managed to get a nice parking space just next to the entrance.

The bathroom
The hotel charged 15 euro per night for the parking space, which was a fair price. Before I drove down into the basement I drove round the surrounding area and checked it out, but it was really disappointing. There were hardly anything near the hotel expect another hotel and a housing area. It was definitely not an exciting place.

I went up to the reception and was addressed by a beautiful blond girl that smiled all over her face. She quickly found my booking and much to my delight they had used all the information that I had provided during my booking so I had just to sign a piece of paper. She explained everything about the Internet, breakfast, spa, fitness room and their bar that had a small bistro. Much to my surprise there were not any restaurant, and given the fact of the surrounding area I decided to visit their bistro for my dinner.

The room with the view to the bathroom

I knew the hotel was newly finished, so I expected a nice functional room and it sure was. My room was located on the 3rdfloor and it was fairly small but due to the interior and the large windows it seemed spacious. The room facing an empty field that probably in 6 months would foster a new hotel. The room was very bright, with every piece of furniture built by light birch. I was given a nice double bed, and it looked nice but I bit low for my liking. There was a two-person sofa and all the closet space I would need. The room had no mini bar but it had a coffee machine in the corner, which came in handy.

The bathroom was nice and spacious. In order to make it bright, they had put a glass wall in the shower facing the room and the double bed, a feature that could be nice in a romantic hotel but this was a business hotel.

My dark beer
They glass wall had a narrow part in the middle that was shaded so you could not look trough. I quickly unpacked and tried to get on the Internet that turned out to be quite difficult, I finally managed but as people came back to the hotel it became less efficient. I decided to give up and went for dinner in their Bistro. I decided to try their fastest Internet connection but it was not much better even though I paid 6 euro for 24 hours access.

The hotel has only a small bistro and bar where from you also can order room service. The Bistro is quite small as there are not much than 30 seats surrounding a high bar overlooking the little area. The kitchen is located along one the walls so you can look into the small and industrial kitchen from where the food is being made.

While I looked at the menu I ordered a dark beer that both looked and tasted good. I ordered a Caesar Salad with fried turkey and it was surprisingly good. My main was a rumpfsteak that I wanted medium done. The waitress returned quickly with my steak with small round balls of knödel, which I absolutely think is most worthless of all dishes. The steak was medium but I didn't like the taste of the meat, not that I could point a finger on it.

The bathroom
The room with the view to the bath…
The room with the view to the bat…
The salad
The salad
The crystal
The crystal
The steak
The steak
Frankfurt am Main Hotels & Accommodations review
Fair hotel but nothing special
Frankfurt am Main Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice try but no cigar
The Welcome Hotel Frankfurt has no restaurant even though it is located quite far from any restaurants in a pretty dull neighborhood.. The hotel do h… read entire review