Sometimes I should open my eyes

Munich Travel Blog

Standing in line at Hertz by own mistake

Once again I had to rent my car in Munich Airport going for a destination in the lower part of Germany. I had taken the early flight from Copenhagen at 6.45 AM and we landed on time just 1½ hour later.

The plane stopped quite far from the terminal 2 and two buses came to pick up all up at the plane. For some reason it took ages for all of us to get the luggage, so I was already behind my schedule when I arrived at the Hertz car rental and for some reason I couldn’t see my name on the gold card list, so I had to stand in the line that lasted more than 45 minutes before I reached the counter.

Getting a Hertz Gold card is for free and it can strongly recommended, because then you can just go to the car and everything is prepared for you. The girl in the reception confirmed that I was registered so I could just walk to my car. When I got up there I saw my name on the list and I was quite annoyed with myself having wasted another 45 minutes in a queue that I could have avoided if I had looked a little bit better.

I got the car which was a brand new BMW 318i and I sat course on Nürnberg which was only 130 kilometres away and 1 hour later I was there.
Standing in line at Hertz by own m…
Standing in line at Hertz by own …
After 45 minutes almost there