Looking for a Gasthaus along the road

Wildeshausen Travel Blog

I love this white road scenery

It was time to find some lunch; it was getting close 1 pm and I had been up since 5 am and driving since 6 am and I had not had anything to eat than a drinking yogurt when I left Copenhagen. I decided to the leave the autobahn at Wildeshausen which I hope had a restaurant where I could sit down and relax as well.

The area was really full of snow and the small roads to the city were much fuller of snow than the autobahn had been. I drove towards the city centre that turned out to be very cozy and looking even better covered in the white snow. Most of the inner city was a no go for cars and I had really difficulties to see if I did anything wrong because there was snow everywhere. I was not in to mood for walking the streets because my goal was just to eat and move on, because I had no idea what the coming road to Antwerp would bring.

Many of the gasthause’s were closed and the only one I found open was a Chinese one and that I was not in the mood for; so after driving around for a while I decided to take the highway to the next city along the autobahn and hope for a nice place along the road to Cloppenburg. Again I found all the places along the road closed so I decided to head back to the autobahn and find my lunch at one of the many gas stations, which was the last thing I really wanted, but the road towards Cloppenburg was really beautiful with white trees next to the it.

Wildeshausen