Garbsen - company trip

Garbsen Travel Blog

Dinner at the Landhaus am See

I was down for a visit in Garbsen near Hannover with a colleague at a factory in close proximity to the airport in Hannover. I had been flying quite a lot lately and I needed to do something else so I decided to drive down there from Copenhagen, which only was a 5 hours ride. I wanted to check in at the hotel before I went to the site visit and went for the little village that was located not far from the highway between Hannover and Dortmund. I had looked at some pictures of the hotel before I left and it looked quite nice.

I entered the village that looked far from what I had expected, as there was nothing cozy about it at all.

Dinner at the Landhaus am See
Even if I used a GPS I managed to pass by the hotel once without being able to imagine that the hotel would be there. Finally I entered a narrow parking that was completely full, it turned out that the area surrounding the hotel was a much favored recreational area where people went for walks or bike rides.

At the end of a narrow alley I found the hotel. It looked as cozy as the pictures so this could only be good. The reception was in a small annex next to the main building and as I entered I was greeted by a very eager and service minded young girl that reminded of a Heidi caricature without me meaning it in a bad way. She just looked so country fresh and she was probably an elite worker.

She found my booking and started to explain me everything about my stay and the hotel.
My view from the hotel window at Landhaus am See
She gave me some internet accesses as I need for both computer and laptop; I was amazed about the price, as it was only one euro. A young eager boy took my suitcase and guided me to my room that was located at the first floor just next to the reception. I was happy that he did so because the door key system was not the simplest that I had seen.

The room was very strange; it was a very small duplex. When I entered I had a fair bathroom to the right a small desk along the left wall and a balcony facing the beautiful park in front of the hotel and the lake that gave this place such a relaxing feel about it. In the corner there was a very and I mean a very narrow and steep staircase to the second floor of the room where the bed and the TV were located. The beds were not the best in the world; they felt quite IKEA’ish and they were just put next to each other without being attached. I have said it before and I say it again, it is not a good or nice solution because I hate when the beds split when you sleep.

The restaurant at the hotel was on the other hand fabulous and this was apparently the main reason for staying there and, as a curiousity the hotel had a couple of years been used as a meeting place between Merkel and the French President in some EU-discussion about the stability of the euro and the financial sector.

Dinner at the Landhaus am See
My view from the hotel window at L…
My view from the hotel window at …
Garbsen Hotels & Accommodations review
Fabulous place to relax and eat
Garbsen