Day trip to Aachen

Aachen Travel Blog

Just behind the beautiful Aachen Cathedral and on the Fischmarkt I found a real old fashion German Bierstube. I was on the hunt for some basic German food like a schnitzel or comparable and Aachen had a lot of them. I chose Albrecht - Dürer- Stube because it looked cozy and there was not any families sitting there.

Most of the people were sitting outside and enjoying a glass of white wine or a beer but I felt like sitting inside in the dark away from the action and just enjoy. Inside the interior was consisting of dark oak furniture and it was precisely what I expected from a Bierstube. There was an almost constant noise coming from the kitchen of the chef beating on the meat, I guess they were anticipating a rush on their schnitzels. Well at least I ordered one anyway!

It was as often in Germany a huge one served with French fries and a small salad next to it. It was not a gastronomic masterpiece but it was good and left me more than full. I enjoyed sitting alone inside together with the family daughter who was working behind the bar pumping beer while her mother was reading up from a newspaper sitting at a corner table in the far end away from me. Before I left, I knew everything about the oldest dog in Germany and other important stuff.

Aachen Restaurants, Cafes & Food review