Commercials in Munich Airport

Munich Travel Blog

In the centre of BMW city - Audi powers up

Returning your rental car is really fast if you are able to find the place where you have to do it. The first time I had passed the car park a couple of times but having been there several times I can find it now. It is just opposite the entry area of Terminal 2 and where Lufthansa and Star alliance have their check-in area.

München is the home town for BMW and I have always laughed of the way that Audi promoted in Munich Airport and this time it was also the case, but in a huge scale. They were launching the new A1 and the whole area outside Terminal 2 was completely Audi’ed up with commercials.

Audi had covered the whole terminal with a long banner promoting the new A1 and besides that they had built the largest stage complex I had even seen on the main square; here they had the new car on display surrounded with Audi offices, Audi restaurants, Audi bars, Audi play grounds for kids and so on. It was absolute huge. This is the square you have to pass in order to get in to the car rental area, so they were sure to reach some car drivers passing by.

One of the other companies that also use huge amounts on commercial budget in the airport is Sixt. I always find them amusing as well. Last time I was there they had a car that had been driven through the wall and the time there was a car skeleton on display. It reminded me of a mix between a Flintstone cartoon and dinosaur on display. I really liked it.
In the centre of BMW city - Audi p…
In the centre of BMW city - Audi …
I love the Sixt commercials