Another sunny day in Berlin

Berlin Travel Blog

The Berlin Bear

For some good reasons in usually end up taking a hotel close to Kurfustendamm every time I am in Berlin and I want to say in the center of town. It was the first time that I had booked the Hotel Concorde Berlin and I did not know what to expect because I found the price quite fair, as it was only 117 euro per night.

I was meeting one of my friends down in Berlin because had taken the plane down and since I had taken a decision to drive down to Berlin from Copenhagen I asked one of my other friends if he wanted to join me in Berlin because he really likes the city. I was meeting my friend in Berlin because we were invided to our friend’s 40thbirthday.

While my friend had flown down I had taken the car because I like the drive down and there are also a lot of nice places to visit on the way they back.

Street light
I needed to find a parking space for my car and luckily there was a public parking house just across the street, where there first of all were a lot of empty spaces but it also had a fair price per night.

We crossed the street and entered the reception area and we were both pleasantly pleased about what we saw. The reception area was really nice and inviting and the girl behind the counter was really friendly. I had booked the room for both of us and I let my friend have the first go at the counter. She looked at him and said ”you are in luck – I have given you an upgrade to the executive floor”. I smiled and said he was well worth it and when it became my turn she said, “I done the same with you”. We were both smiling to the fact that we were given rooms on the 11thfloor.

Arriving in Berlin 7 to 3 pm
We had no idea of how and why we were upgraded but it was really nice.

The room was large with a great view overlooking the roofs of the area. The room was with white walls but had different brown nuances in the carpet and the woodwork. The best part was the great bed that naturally was the centerpiece of the room. The bathroom was nice and quite tasty. The best part of this room was that you were given access to the floor lounge, where they served for free served snacks and drinks all afternoon, in the evenings they had a light dinner with wines and in the morning you had a breakfast menu to choose from with freshly made omelets and so on. This was usually the place where I would meet up with my friend before we left the hotel during the 3 days we stayed there.

I also found out that if you checked in to the hotel bar on the app “foursquare” you were give a free glass of champagne – how is that for a deal. I you were the mayor there you would have 20 percent of bar bill.

Chokk says:
Yeah - I have been to Scotland a couple of times - it is just as windy and wet as Denmark.
Posted on: Jan 08, 2013
hujera says:
I experienced both in Denmark. Rainy days in Jutland - in Esbjerg and Kolding as well as nice weather in Roskilde and Copenhagen in the summer. But generally you're right. People from the north look for warm places in the south. Even here in Scotland, which has got about the same weather as a part of Scandinavia.
Posted on: Jan 08, 2013
Chokk says:
In Denmark most people just drive by on their hunt for sun in southern Europe
Posted on: Jan 07, 2013
Where am I?
Back at the hotel
Back at the hotel
Berlin Hotels & Accommodations review
Great hotel in the city center.
I was back in Berlin for a beer-tasting trip with some colleagues and we were all booked in at the Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre Hotel located in, s… read entire review
Berlin