The Last Friday

Waimalu Travel Blog

On Friday we got passes for the Sea Life Park. All of us woke up bright and early to get to the park by 9:45 for their first large show. I had missed this show last time so I was very excited to get to see it. The one thing that was really neat was that the animals had learned different tricks so it was like watching a semi-new show with the animals.

After the park we did the hike up Makapu'u to see the lighthouse. My mother is a lighthouse freak and had to visit. Funny thing though--she is afraid of heights. Half way up there is an area that is open on both sides of the trail and she almost hyperventalated but we managed to calm her down and continue on. She was really glad she did because she loved it. On the way home, we noticed the blowhole was really acting up so we decided to stop and have a look. It usually is not spouting large amounts of water but the ocean was really choppy and the waves were pretty big so their was a lot of water coming out of the spout.

That night we had another cookout at Magic Island and lounged around in order to watch another sunset. I just can't get enough of these great sunsets!
The Blowhole