Diamond Head Crater

Waikiki Travel Blog

View of Waikiki and Honolulu
The hike up Diamond Head was fantastic. Situated in Waikiki, it had increadible views of the city all the way to Koko Head. While I was used to a hike being trails up through mountains, I was quite surprised when I found out that this trail was actually a paved and maintained area. The hike was about a mile up and wasn't very difficult. There were two sets of stairs that were something to behold. One set was almost 100 steps and quite steep. We then climbed a winding staircase into what looked like an old bunker that was used during war times. When we finally got to the top, I was stunned. The view was gorgeous. Glistening blue ocean. The hustle and bustle of the city below. A slight breeze blowing. Below we could hear the roar of the ocean crashing against the cliffs. It was a very serene moment. We had not really had a chance to get out of the city at this point so to take a step back (or up) and see what we had been living in was amazing. We had been getting a little frustrated with big city life but to see this took all that frustration away. We are so glad that we got to experience this.
TRE69 says:
I have been to Honolulu 6-7 times my entire life and I still have not climbed Diamond Head Crater...next year this hike is a definite YES! Hope I get great pictures like you.
Posted on: Aug 29, 2007
julesg says:
Hi there! I am looking to visit Oahu this November. Most likely the last 2weeks. Do you know how the weather will be then? I have so many questions to ask but I don't want to bombard you :)
Just looking at these pictures...i can't wait to come visit!!
jules
Posted on: May 27, 2007
alygally says:
Absolutely beautiful! Lucky girl to be able to live there. =)
Posted on: May 20, 2007
View of Waikiki and Kapiolani Park
View of Waikiki and Kapiolani Park
My boyfriend at the top
My boyfriend at the top
Where do YOU want to go???
Where do YOU want to go???
Waikiki