Lions, Elephants, Hippos, Gorillas

Tampa Travel Blog

It was a nice day to visit the park. I got some great pictures and video. I got to the park early and they let a group of us park in the preferred parking, did not have to ride the tram in. While waiting in line for the gates to open they announced something new to me called QUICK QUEUE.   You get to choose from Sheikra, Montu, Kumba, Flume ride, Gwazi Lion, Gwazi Tiger, Tidal Wave, Rhino Rally(which seems to be broken down everytime I visit), and Congo River Rapids. You can jump to the head of the line only once and with a max of five times. It's $14.95 for the day.  I would save it for the end of the day when the lines are maxed out.  My first stop was Montu..great rollercoaster. Rode it twice and loved it. Very smooth ride.  Then it was on to Edge of Africa.

Took some great photos and video
  A great place to get some great shots of the animals. Hyenas, Lions, Hippos, and a few more.  I hopped on the Sky Ride and it's off to Stanleyville to ride Sheikra...another awesome rollercoaster.  Only rode it once.  My next stop was Timbuktu. I ate lunch here, I had a Italian sausage sandwich, fries, drink, and a small chocolate pudding. Delicious!!  Then it's on to Nirobi and the Asian Elephants and the Rhino Rally(which seems to be broken down everytime I want to ride it). One of my favorite stops is Myombe Reserve with it's Chimps and Gorillas. Always fasinating to watch!! My last stop was the Bird Gardens. I love the parrots. By this time it was close to 1pm and time to head to the house. I had a good time today and I did not get rained on.

sylviandavid says:
I just watched your video.... great job... you got so close to everything! Sylvia
Posted on: May 15, 2009
sylviandavid says:
I love the idea of the pass... I would pay it to save a little time and aggervation... You are so organized in this blog.... I would have been wandering around and getting lost! Sylvia
Posted on: May 15, 2009