Trip to Japan

Tokyo Travel Blog

Hi all,

I took this awesome trip to Japan.  On a stop over from traveling from India to Japan, I spent 5 days in Tokyo.  Truly amazing place to visit.  Considering I have lived in India for three years, Japan was a refreshing change. Japan was the exact opposite of India....organized, clean, people are courteous, food is simple and delicious, and I could get almost anything I want.  Compared to the chaotic culture of India.  I still really like India but not all the time.

Coming to Tokyo, I had little expectations of what to expect.  I read some books so I knew the country would be full of technology.  However, I think coming to the country and really being surprised was the best part.  My recommendations for coming to Japan is plan for your hotel and transportation.  Everything else just come with a good guide book and wander to anything that catches your attention.  You really can't go wrong.  I also recommend making friends with locals or know a friend of a friend.  I don't say this because I am worried about getting lost.  I recommend this because the perspective of a Japanese person is incredibly interesting.  They can explain elements of the culture and why Japanese do what they do.  Always good to have good company.

Good luck in Japan.  Hope you can all travel there.

leonardj83 says:
Gil, I definitely liked Japan. So much to discover there. India was nice because I lived there for three years. Good luck on your year of travel. One day I will leave for a year off. Enjoy New Zealand road trip, that is one of my dream trips. Jon
Posted on: Sep 21, 2009