We're Home!

Denver Travel Blog

Today was a long day.  After a long night partying with our friends in Beijing, and even making some new ones, we woke at 9am.  It took a bit to get packed and then left the hotel.

The International Airport for Beijing is about an hour from the city center, which I didn't realize.  We got to the airport in pleanty of time but spent nearly three times what I thought it would cost (125 yuan).  The lines were of course long.  While we were checking our bags we had to reorganize all of our bags so that we wouldn't have to pay for overweight bags.

We had two flights to get home.  The first was from Beijing to San Francisco, CA.  This flight was 10 hours and it went pretty well suprisingly.  I thought it would be miserable but I slept some of it.  After a 4 hour layover we took the 2.5 hour flight to Denver from San Fran which went well too.  The jet lag caught up with me as soon as we were waiting for the Denver flight and I ended up sleeping on and off for almost half of it.

Now I'm at home and it's time to sleep but I think that's going to be hard.  Jet lag sucks.

Now that I'm home I'm feeling the je
cotterb says:
Thanks. We had a great trip, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Posted on: Feb 10, 2010
rajeevpareek says:
I read whole series in one shot and I got the feeling that I was with you folks during travel !!!
Posted on: Feb 01, 2010
cotterb says:
Things were so busy the last few days that I still haven't caught up the blog. I will though so keep watching. I'll also get some more pictures up, probably this weekend.
Posted on: Nov 05, 2007