Hallstatt Austria May 09

Hallstatt Travel Blog

The landlord feeds the duck each morning.
My flatmate and I decided to spend a weekend in Austria, we had been to Attersee last year, missing the place while thinking about visiting a new place at the same time, we decided to visit Hallstatt which is not far away from Attersee lake.

In total 7 hours drive from prague due to traffic etc... we arrived at the Pension Sartein ( http://www.pension-sarstein.at.tf/) , it's quite easy to find via a GPS :). In the e-mail, the landlady has given a very good instruction- ie. not to drive through the tunnel when we see it at the destination, rather take the small road on the left next to the tunnel and you will see the gate is open, park your car there, the pension is only 200m nice walk.
My favourite view

We love the place so much, the room is clean with great view and balcony on the lake. There are many attraction nearby, the breakfast is good, landlady and landlord are very kind and friendly people- they will tell you what to do in Hallstatt, and the stay at the pension is a great value.

In 10 minutes walk , you could take a funicular up to the mountain - the view is superb and surprisingly the food in the restaurant is nice and not expensive. A main course costs 8-10 Euro while you could enjoy the great view on the terrace. From the top, you could choose to walk down (30 minutes) which gives you a difference view and it is free :).

we drive to Gogausee Lake which we assumed to be very nice but we were a bit disappointed as we thought it is not as great. However we could also take cable car up to Krippenstein then Gjaldalm to see the five fingers on the mountain, the return journey costs 20.60 euro which a bit costly but it worth the value.

We plan to revisit the place again in the next spring.

The landlord feeds the duck each m…
The landlord feeds the duck each …
Hallstatt