American Adventure Day 5 - A Sombre Day

San Francisco Travel Blog

The previous night had involved sad goodbyes to some wonderfull new friends such as Nicole, Amy and Michelle and today there were some more farewells.  I had arranged to meet Adrian, Matt, Erin, Brett and Ian at leftys for breakfast.  By the time I arrived everyone was already there tucking into their first meal of the day.  We spent some time discussing the previous nights events and discovered that Erin had made a viseo of our Queen rendition ( watch out for it on YouTube!).

We all headed to Pier 39 to see the famous Sea Lions then with stops at an interesting bread making shop, Hooters and The Cannery.  Whilst Erin, Brett and Ian went for some liquid refreshments myself, Matt and Adrian went for a wander along pier 33 to take a last look at golden gate bridge.

Unfortunately the bridge was clouded with fog and not visible and just seemed to sum up the sombre mood of the day.

It was time to say more goodbyes this time to Erin and Brett.  So it was just the four amigos left.  Myself, Matt, Ian and Adrian all headed to Chinatown.  I`d seen a little of it on my first couple of days but I had yet sample any food.  We opted for the appropriately titled chinatown restaurant and with the help of Ian ( he has excellent knowledge of chinese cuisine ) we placed our order.   The food and service were all excellent and I would whole heartedly recommend  this restaurant.

It was almost time for Ian and Adrian to leave for the flights but there was time to make one last trip to leftys, our spiritual home, for a final picture.

In the evening it was just Matt and myself.  The English contingent had outlasted and outdrunk (sorry Adrian) everyone!!  Naturally we chose Leftys for our evenings entertainment  and we spent the evening discussing the highs of this wonderful meetup.  For Matt this had been his first meetup and I had been the first TBer he had met so it was kind of fitting to be there at the end before he returned home.