EuropeFranceNice

Day 6: Exploring Nice, Frace

Nice Travel Blog

Bay of Nice, France

Nice is very nice! In south France it is for the rich vacationers but also scenic and historic. Kaylyn and I walked for over 6 hours and up over 650 stairs (yes, we counted) today exploring the 'old town' with fancy French churches, the cemetery where the writer for Phantom of the Opera is buried and the shops and beaches. Along the way we stopped for coffee and met a couple from Liverpool who knows the maid that cleans Paul McCartney's house. They were very nice, and told us stories of living in England and taking holidays in the USA on Route 66. They thought it was funny that we knew the Beatles songs at our age. :)

We also found out that Cannes, France, one town away is having the films festival right now and everyone at  our hostel went and saw Jim Carey, Brad Pitt and many others on the red carpet.

Kayyn and I at the top
The Grand Prix is in Monaco on Thursday a well which is just a short train ride from here so tonight this is a busy place, everything booked up.

We waded into the sea of course but saw tons of purple jelly fish so we didn't go past our ankles. All the beaches are rounded rocks, no sand to be seen anywhere. But the water is clear and it was packed with people. Many Australians and we even met a couple from St. Louis here in Nice backpacking. Everyone wants to talk about where they have been and where they are going.

For dinner I had delicious fresh baked fish (caught here!) and Kaylyn had French Onion Soup for our last fancy meal before we leave town. Tomorrow morning we hop the train to Zurich Switzerland to see the Alps. Goodnight, or good morning to you all. Miss you honey!

travisb8 says:
That place is definitely bigger than I thought.
Posted on: May 21, 2009
lukewillis says:
I'm sure it was good, but the fish looked gross!
Posted on: May 21, 2009
Kayyn and I at the top
Cemetary where Phantom of the Oper…
Cemetary where Phantom of the Ope…
My fish dinner