Day 12: London, England

London Travel Blog

Day 12: London, England

Up before the sun this morning to catch the subway to the airport. 2 hour plane ride, one 45 minute subway to a 25 minute tram and 89 steps up to the 5th floor of our London hostel and we had arrived. And it was only noon! Red carpet and pretty white walls and staircases and of course everyone speaks in the royal sounding English accent. They told us to enjoy winter outside, which it was. Raining, cold and windy. Not that I wanted to see London anyway I guess, but certainly not in this weather!

We are both tired, and I think my bones are even tired from the constant traveling, moving and walking with  bags that get heavier with each town we hit.

We counted up though, around 12 towns explored and i only wish I knew how many miles we have walked. On average 6 hours a day of walking. Pretty good I would say for such a short trip, we got to see a lot. But now I miss everyone at home and my comfortable bed and couch and my free bathroom everyone being able to understand me. And driving my truck, or even seeing a truck (everyone drives tuna-can cars everywhere) and I am especially ready to not be moving all the time.

Anyway we boarded another 2 subways and went to Abby Road. Of course we  had to stop traffic to do the famous Beatles Crossing picture (For you Mom!) but it was dangerous and fun and made us forget about the cold and rain.

London is playing Spain in Football (SOCCER!) so the whole town is going crazy talking about it and all the pubs have specials.

Kaylyn and I, deciding that our last night couldn't be spent going to bed early, went out to a lovely dinner of mash and sausage and peas and watched some of the crazy people gather for the game. We then did what all good Americans would do, go see a movie. :) We watched Angles and Demons which funny enough is all staged in Rome, which we just saw so it was creepy and cool. One the way back to the hostel we knew that London had lost the soccer game because all the streets were quiet and everyone who was out was either still drinking or hanging their heads sadly walking home.

We are going home tomorrow! Excited to see everyone and relax. It was all certainly fun though and I am so glad we did it. Excited for the good old USA tomorrow!

photo by: ulysses