Countryside trip at Pangasinan, Alaminos

Pangasinan Travel Blog

Last April 18 - 20 my boyfriend and I went to Pangasinan to explore the Towns of Alaminos and Bolinao.

We arrived at victory liner past 5am and got the ticket for a 6:30 am trip. After 6 long hours we arrived at the city of Alaminos. From the terminal we rode a tricycle and checked Hotel Islandia first as we don't have a reservation. Islandia is a nice hotel but it's still far from the port where we can hire a boat going to 100 islands. We checked the other resorts and decided to stay in Isla Vista as I was hoping we could swim in their pool. We paid the tricycle driver P80.00 but the receptionist told us that the rate is only P60. 'The accommodation cost 1,800 per nite which is a bit expensive compared to the rates of the lodges/resorts near by.
The room has 1 double and 1 single bed w/ ref, ac worked just fine but the restroom needs a major renovation.

After we checked-in we decided to rest for 2 hours and ordered our lunch to their resto. The foods are also expensive, we spent P470 for grilled milk fish, binagoongan baboy, plain rice and 1 liter bottled water. The serving and the taste is good enough especially for hungry stomach. Then, we checked the resort but decided to go back to loiter outside Isla Vista as it was rented for a certain event. We bought 4 gallons of water for only P65(compared to 1 liter for P40 in Vista). We also tried the halo-halo of the store and for P20 it was so yummy. After that, we went back to our room, slept and woke up around 11pm since we our scheduled to have a body message. The massage was just fine nothing special which cost 900 for 2, after that we decided to check Sweet honey's resto as we were informed that's open 24hrs.

Food at Sweet honey is cheaper than in Isla Vista, I ordered danggit, tortang talong w/ rice and my bf had tocilog both for 100 each.
at Quezon island
We also ordered "muchos" - red horse to have a good night sleep. :) Before we left sweet honey we ordered Porkchop, chicken curry and rice (P350) and instructed the owner that we'll pick it up around 6:00am for our pack lunch going to 100 island.

5am my phone alarmed so that we could prepare for the island hopping which we booked in Isla Vista for 1000. Before we left we picked up the food, ordered 2 coffee and bought 6 pcs pandesal w/ dairy cream to the vendor.
The island hopping experience was something that I could cherish as I explored it with my huniebaby.... The islands have names but the famous ones are Children, Governor and Quezon Island. Since the boat only includes drop&pick-up. We decided to stay in Quezon Island and told the boatman to pick us up after 4hrs.
The island has an entrance fee of P20, cottages are available for rent ranging from 200-300. In that 4 hrs we ate our food, swam, picture-picture-picture, and we also paid 250 for kayaking.

Our boatman arrived exactly 11:30 am as discussed, when we arrived at Vista.we took a bath, ate the rest of our food in the room (though its not a loud,lol), packed our staff, checked-out and went straight to the terminal going to Bolinao.

The 1hour trip to Bolinao was exhausting, when we arrived at the Town proper, we stopped in a store and ate halo-halo again,hehhehe... also took that chance to asked the person beside us as to where we could stay. We listened to their advice and checked in at El Pescador resort and hotel.
Accommodation is P1,350 per nite. We spent the rest of the hour chillaxing and enjoying the view of the resort. Around 5pm we headed back to the town proper to buy food for our dinner, we also visited the oldest church in Bolinao which was built 400 yrs ago.

We bought 1 whole chicken(P200) and just bought 3 rice in the resort(P20 each).

After dinner, we decided to doze off right away as we plan to leave early in the morning so we could visit the caves, light house and the white sand beach.

6am I woke up, ordered breakfast (tinola, omelet, coffee, rice for P300), then went to the town proper to hire a tricycle that will be our service for the day. We approached one tricycle driver and offered him to be our service going to Abrac for P300.
kayaking for 250 per hour
After he agreed, we bought half kilo of Pork, cooked rice and Softdrinks at the Market.

On our way to Abrac where the white sand beach is located, we stopped, took pictures at the light house and Enchanted cave.

White sand beach at Abrac is a public beach, no entrance fee but cottages our for rent for P150-300. We stayed at the end part of the adjacent cottages for rent. We met ate, (i forgot the name), she let us grilled the pork liempo that we bought in the market, lend us some plate and utensil, looked for our stuff while we walk, swim and enjoy the scenery.

We left Abrac around 1pm and headed back to El Pescador, when I learned that the bus going back to Manila will be leaving around 3pm. We took a quick bath, packed our stuff and check out.

Pangasinan is a nice place for get away and you just want to get out of the busy and fast life away from the city. What made my trip more memorable is that I spent that 3 days with Morky...

Looking forward for our next stop, hopefully our plans of celebrating my birthday and our first year anniversary in Coron, Palawan will push through....

on d way to Bolinao