In a speedy way back to New York, just following the interstate!!!

New York Travel Blog

Tuesday May 5

In the morning we had breakfast there. And again with plastic plates. You could see there were a lot of craftsman in the hotel, because they served a big pan with porridge. And they seem to like it very much, but they did not sat down.

The distance between Albany and New York is not very far. So we could slow down an do some sightseeing along the way. Bad luck for me, I did not see more than the interstate.

And not what Andy suggested to visit the Roosevelt house. They told us also the road along the Hudson is very nice. I just saw the Hudson again when I was back in New York.

We were glad we had our tom tom, so it would be easy to bring the car back we thought. Wrong, it took us an extra hour to find the car rental place. At 11.00am we delivered the car at the 52nd street. For the hotel we had to walk to 48 street so it did not seem far, but 52nd was east and 48 west. So much further than we thought. And this with all the suitcases. But we managed to find the Helmsley Middletown hotel.(this was the right one)  When you enter the hotel the porter will help you immediately, so you do not have to carry any suitcase again. We checked in an went to our room. The view was not nice but the room was big and clean. I stayed in the room for an couple of hours, and hans and Mitchell went out for a walk.

After a few hours we went out again, this time Mitchell stayed in the room, and we had to collect something to eat for him. This was difficult, because we could not find a mc Donald in our neighborhood. So we had not much choice and bought him pizza. We already went to a store where you can buy all kinds of food, ready to eat. This is a very easy way to compound a dinner. This we brought back to our room so we could relax and eat.

united nations inside
american Flag!
american Flag!
New York Hotels & Accommodations review
sweet hotel
This hotel is 17 floors high.(exept for number 13! this one does not exist!)The location of this hotel is also very good. I felt safe walking there. B… read entire review
New York