the second and almost our last day in New York

New York Travel Blog

Wednesday May 6

When I opened the door, there were newspapers lying on the floor, just in front of our door. Nice, to have something to read in the morning. First I collected the breakfast in the lobby and went upstairs with it. There were a few things we had to do. We went to the Metro to take the train to downtown Manhattan. This day would be a touristic day. Arriving at the Battery park at the Clinton Castle.

Here you can buy your boat tickets. It really is touristic because it was very busy. I do not remember the price of it exactly but I thought it was about the amount of 13$ pp. When we had our tickets we could walk to the boat. But he was not in yet, so had to wait in a long row. When the boat came it still took a lot of time, because of the security measurements. This boat was sailing to the Statue of Liberty. During the trip you were able to make beautiful pictures from the skyline of New York. And in this position you are able to photograph the statue better. We left the boat and walked along the island. And a souvenir shop is present. And you can guess what they are selling! If you want something to drink, there is also a small restaurant on the island.

If you have seen enough, you can line up again and wait for the boat. This could take a while. The next stop the boat is making is Ellis Island. This is the island where the immigrants were registered.

the number plates hanging next to eachother. The names of both my children
You can visit this island as well. We choose to go to New York and not to stop on Ellis Island. This trip really took some time. This tour makes you really thirsty and so we went for a drink. This time we started to walk again. Business area, and straight ahead. Mitchell had to buy shoes so we had to shop for him. Electronically things are cheap in New York. Need an IPod? Buy it there! After this we walked to Greenwich (a huge distance!!) At Reggio in Greenwich Village we had a very nice Panini. That one I was missing the whole time I was in America. It was really nice to rest our feet!! It should have been between four and five ‘o clock when we really needed a taxi. One did stop for us and we asked him to bring us to the Chrysler building. Oh no, too far away. Shift now!!! So it is difficult to take a taxi for a longer drive just after 4.00 pm. At 5.00pm it will not be a problem anymore. This was at the Washington park. Later we could find a taxi that brought us to  the Chrysler building, this is not open for public. But if you only take a look the lobby!! So amazingly big and beautiful.  Now we had to walk back to the hotel, it was too late to visit and find the Top of the Rock. So we had to do that the next day. In the evening we went out to buy dinner, we did not feel fit enough to go to a restaurant anymore. The spray we bought to cool our feet, was almost empty. So the bed was the only option left.

Vikram says:
Greenwich Village is beautiful and very European.
Posted on: May 20, 2009
herman_munster says:
hey Gejah, thanks for sharing this. I really need the feel of NYC coz I'm going there next month. This is just brilliant
Posted on: May 13, 2009
the number plates hanging next to …
the number plates hanging next to…
New York Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice area, nice small restaurant
Walking in a very nice surrounding you can find a lot of small restaurants. This is the part of manhattan where the music really lives! There are seve… read entire review
New York