In fact the third day in America, Washington DC

Washington Travel Blog

Wednesday 29th of april.

We woke up very early, about 05.30. Although I got out of bed at that time to satisfy my internet and coffee addiction. Lucky they have an internet room!! After checking my tb pages I went to the Penn Station to buy some bread. Most of the hotels in America do not offer breakfast as they do in Europe. This place Zaros offered a good variety of normal bread. Ha lucky do not like muffins for breakfast! When I got back to the hotel my husband and son were ready to leave the hotel. Now we have to take a taxi and find the car rental place. So we entered the car rental and the second surprise was there! Yes we have a car, and for the time we needed one. But, no help underway, like we have in Holland (anwb) but we did pay for it!! Ok they changed that for free because our voucher said so.

The rental car
Then they asked if we wanted a Tom Tom. Of course we already did pay for it in Holland. But you already understand, the tour operator did not pay the Tom Tom. So we had to pay for it again!! And again calling to Holland!!

But finally on our way to Washington, still the hotel in Washington was not changed yet. But I told the tour operator I will go to the hotel we booked in the first place. And that I will also claim the bill at his company. So he sms t back that he had achieved the hotel we wanted was available for us. He he!! Next a few things we had to learn, so we stopped just outside new York. We have to fuel. But what??? And how much is a gallon? And feet how much is that?? After some counting we managed to live with it and understand it.

Driving on the interstate 95, speed limit 65!!! Wow!! Slow!!  Coffee at the Wellsley Inn, this is just before the end of the toll road (8,20$) After the stop we drove over the Memorial Bridge in Delaware (3$).

The largest Twin Span in the world. So another toll road to Baltimore (4$). Our tom tom is not working quit well. Than crossing the Baltimore bridge.  We arrived in Washington at about 2.50 pm.

The Hotel Rouge is located in the Dupont circle. So it is not far from the White house. So the first thing to do is walking to the White house. The weather was changing and it began to rain. After a long walk we have been eating at the Hard Rock café. It was very busy in that restaurant. It was nice to sit there. Than of course walking back and enjoying the big room in the hotel.

Washington DC is located at the Potomac river. George washington did choose this city in 1791 as capital city. The city is designed by a French architect. When you walk in Washington you really can see the French influence. Pierre Charles was the architect.  The most famous part in Washington is the very big Mall. This is a large park between capitol Hill and Washington monument.

JP-NED says:
Ik zal je morgen vragen welke touroperator het is/was!
Posted on: May 13, 2009
gimpel says:
Gek is dat als je dreigt met een rekening dat het ineens gereld kan worden..
Posted on: May 13, 2009
KeikoCreative says:
Speed limit 65 - Wow! or Slow! ?? :P
Posted on: May 12, 2009
The White House
The White House
Hard Rock caffee
Hard Rock caffee
Delaware memorial bridge! Worlds l…
Delaware memorial bridge! Worlds …
Hotel Rouge
Hotel Rouge
Washington Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Hard Rock Cafe, nice to visit
The Hard Rock Cafe is one of my sons favorite. But i have to say. It is not bad at all. When you enter the restaurant, the waiter will give you a buzz… read entire review
Washington Hotels & Accommodations review
a wonderfull hotel in washington
This hotel is part of the Kimpton chain. All the hotels have a different kind of theme. In this hotel it is the color RED! In every detail in the hot… read entire review
Washington